Universign uses a timestamping protocol defined by the IETF RFC 3161 standard. Therefore, you can use any software available on the market that is compatible with this standard to check your timestamp. However, you can also use Universign by uploading the timestamped document to the timestamping Internet interface. If the document has been correctly timestamped, the status bar will pop up with a message saying “intact” , as well as with the time and date of the timestamping.
Articles in this section
- How can I prove the validity of a document that has been timestamped by Universign?
- Will the content of my document remain confidential throughout the entire timestamping process?
- Is there a specific kind of document format that is recommended for electronic timestamping?
- What kinds of documents can I sign with Universign?
- Can Universign guarantee the integrity of the signed documents?
- Are documents to be timestamped limited to a certain number of pages or a maximum file size?
- Will the content of my document remain confidential throughout the entire signature process?