For disputes relating to a signed document, the competent court will be required to receive the signed electronic document as evidence. You will be asked to provide the PDF document signed electronically on an external drive. All the elements allowing the assessment of the validity of the electronic signature are embedded in the document. However, the court may request additional information, particularly any information to identify the signatory of the document.
Articles in this section
- What should you do when faced with disputes relating to the electronic signature of a document?
- Does a digitized handwritten signature has the same legal value as an electronic signature?
- Does an electronic signature have legal value?
- Can all documents and agreements be signed via a simple signature?
- Do I need to get signatories to sign an agreement pertaining to the admissibility of evidence when I use Universign?